Thy Word

07/24/2014

7 Comments

A friend of mine at work is going through a hard time right now.  She was telling me about her situation and how she didn't know if she'd get through it.  It reminded me of something a professor in college once told me.
     It was my senior year and her name was Dr. Morrow.  She was beyond wonderful and kind.  I went to her once, totally freaking out about almost being done with school and having absolutely no idea what to do with my life.  All of my friends seemed to have everything figured out with their jobs, getting married, with their whole...everything...and I was clueless.
     Dr. Morrow sat me down and pulled up the Bible verse,
Psalm 119:105 - Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
     I was a little confused, until she explained.
    "Think about it."  She said.  "If you lived back then and had to walk through narrow paths at night with nothing but an oil lamp, would you be able to see around you for miles?  Would you be able to see far ahead?  No.  If all you had was a small lamp, you would only see your feet and the steps that you took under the light.  The Bible doesn't say, Thy Word is a flashlight to know what's going to happen down the road.  God will guide you each step of the way.  It's not for you to know or worry about the future.  That's taken care of...and you'll be protected, with every step that you take."
    It's something that's stuck with me and hopefully it helped when I shared it with my friend too.
   Thank You Dr. Morrow!  I'll keep taking one step at a time.  XOXO
     Please Click below to VOTE each day!  Thank You!!!
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

07/25/2014 2:27pm

This must be fate. Today I was skimming through the internet without purpose, struggling with my life situation now... But out of the blue, there is your notice. And it gave me hope.

07/26/2014 10:58am

You are so sweet Joanna! Thank you for writing. I'll pray that everything will work out for you. XOXO

Sherie
07/26/2014 1:21pm

Bea thank you - this was helpful to me as well. Wayne & I are on the verge of becoming "empty nesters" this fall. For the past 29 years I have been a full time mom. With the realization that they will all be moved out I have been struggling with -what now? (kind of ironic - the day we brought our oldest home from the hospital when she was born we sat her on the floor and looked at one another and said "what now?" Do I go back to work or go to college,etc.... I guess I thought this day would be along time coming but feels like I blinked and here we are.

07/27/2014 1:35pm

Sherie, it's hard for me to imagine your home without the crew! I still think of Katie as a little one. The best thing about your family, is that you are so full of love, that you'll never be empty nesters. The nest will just change a little. :) You have so many years of fun ahead of you as your family continues to grow. You guys are the Best and your babies (even though they're grown) are a reflection of that. We Miss and Love You! XOXO

Marti
07/28/2014 4:02pm

Your best yet! I thank The Lord for your friendship daily!! How inspiring! Love you!!!

08/27/2014 3:00pm

who may or may not be recalling facts or embellishing the story.

Di
07/31/2014 10:21am

Wonderful and very inspiring message indeed! We should remember this every day. Perfect
and timely message.